The Iron County Comprehensive Planning/Land and Zoning Committee will meet in Hurley on March 24th to consider a livestock siting moratorium for Iron County. Reports explain this is happening in response to reports that inquiries are being made by Riecks View Farms into possible hog CAFO sites in the county. My reliable sources say that sites are being considered near Gurney and Saxon (both in the Lake Superior watershed), and also near Mercer.
NOTICE OF MEETING
IRON COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE PLANNING/LAND & ZONING COMMITTEE TUESDAY, March 24, 2015
The Iron County Comprehensive Planning/Land & Zoning Committee will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. in the Board Room of the Iron County Courthouse, Hurley, Wisconsin, for the purpose of conducting a public hearing on proposed amendment to the Iron County Ordinances. The meeting is open to the public according to Chapter 19, Section V, Wisconsin Statutes (Open Meeting Law).
1. Call to order Public Hearing on proposed amendment to the Iron County Ordinances
2. Public meeting notice acknowledgment
3. Amendment Creating Section 6-2 “Temporary Moratorium on Livestock Facilities” in Iron County Ordinances, Title 6 “Public Health Nuisances”
- Open Public Comment on proposed amendment to the Iron County Ordinances
- Close Public Comment on proposed amendment to the Iron County Ordinances
- Discussion and recommendation from the Zoning Committee on action deemed necessary and
advisable with regards to the proposed amendment to the Iron County Ordinances 4. Adjourn